Belkyra: Fat Dissolver
1 Treatment – $499
Subsequent Treatments – $399
Injectable treatment that targets and permanently eliminates fat cells below the chin non-surgically, creating a more refined, youthful chin profile.
Once Belkyra removes your fat cells, they're gone forever! but your remaining fat cells could get bigger if you put on weight.
Belkyra is the first and only Health Canada approved injectable treatment for the improvement of the appearance of fullness in the area under the chin, and is considered very safe when injected by a highly trained and experienced practitioner.
Injectable Care FAQ
48 hours prior to treatment:
- Avoid substances that affect Platelet function, such as Asprin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg: Advil, Motrin)
- Avoid supplements of fish oil, Vitamin E, and St.Johns Wort
- Avoid alcohol and green tea
- Avoid having any dental work (including a cleaning) within 2 weeks of the scheduled treatment
- Talk with your doctor if you have previously suffered from herpes viral infections (e.g. cold sores) as injection treatments can lead to reactivation of herpes viral infections
- Please note you will require a doctors note for any autoimmune or blood disorders to begin treatment
- We do not treat patients that are under the age of 19, breast feeding or pregnant
Please arrive on time for your scheduled treatment. Make sure to review and submit appropriate paperwork prior to your visit, including our COVID Questionnaire.
We will take ‘before’ pictures prior to the commencement of your treatment, please note that pictures will not be released on social media or for advertising unless specific written consent from the patient.
To provide you with the most comfortable experience, a topical anesthesia cream/gel may be applied to the treatment area. Following removal of the numbing cream, your skin will be cleaned and prepped.
Treatment times vary with the procedure being performed. You will be scheduled for a follow up visit within a recommended timeline depending on the treatment performed.
After treatment, your health care professional will advise you on what to expect, including potential side effects. The most common side effects include injection-related reactions, such as redness, swelling, pain, itching, discoloration and tenderness at the injection site.
These generally resolve within a few days to one week after the injection. You will be informed of appropriate timelines for “touch ups” following your treatment.
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling
- Avoid touching the treated area for the first 6 hours following the treatments, so you do not accidentally injure your skin while the area is numb. After the six hours, the area can be gently washed with soap and water
- No kissing for 6 hours
- You may resume eating and drinking normally after the treatment
- No makeup for 6 hours post treatment
- Avoid exposure to intense heat (e.g. sun lampor sunbathing)
- Avoid extreme cold until the initial swelling and redness has resolved
- Avoid firm pressure on the treated area for 2 weeks, (e.g. facials, massages)
- Avoid exercise for the first day of treatment
- Reduce the risk of cold sore recurrence that could be triggered by needle punctures. Talk to your doctor about medications that may mimize a breakout
- Talk to your health professional if you plan on having laser treatment, chemical peels or any other skin procedure after treatment
- Avoid taking Aspirin, nonsteriodal anti inflammatory drugs (e.g.ibuprohen) and alcohol for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding a the injection site
- After your treatment, you might have swelling, redness, pain, itching, discolouration and the temderness at the site of treatment. This will typically last less than a week. Contact your health care provider at the clinic if you experience any side effect that bothers you.